Tuesday, March 27, 2007

movies

Saw the following movies recently:

Victor/Victoria - OK movie....not really a big fan of Blake Edwards...I like 10 and the original Pink Panther but most of his other stuff is just not my type of movie. This one falls into that category. It was a good performance by julie andrews but just not that great to me.

The Holiday - good movie....the quintesential chick flick/date movie. It got dreadful reviews at x-mas during it's theatrical release but I thought it was good, very funny in parts. Some observations though, if I had to pick one or the other I would definately go with kate winslet over cameron diaz....I just don't think diaz is attractive at all. Also is jude law ever going to do a movie that is a hit? He is really good in this movie but none of his films have made any money.

Empire of the Sun - Good movie but too darn long. Christian Bale was impressive as a child actor. One of speilbergs underated movies in my opinion.

300 - A decent pop corn movie. These are the type of movies that hollywood is gradually moving toward, lots of green screen and cgi. For some movies it works but overall I think it takes away from the movie experience. I like to see actors and the trend is to "fix" everything after it is shot via the computer.....again sometimes it works...sometimes not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home