Thursday, November 30, 2006

blah

Saw some trailers for new upcoming films recently as I was trying to find a couple I could see for my annual holiday movie day with my wife. As per a recent trend this decembers releases are less then impressive but I did see some upcoming releases that looked GREAT.

Spiderman 3 looks phenomenal, once again proving it's the best comic movie franchise of all time bar none. The latest trailer shows a quick snap shot of venom and man does it look like raimi got this one right....totally right. The visuals look awesome. The plot looks great. My only concerns are that there is a lot of plot lines for one movie but that would be ok as long as the movie insn't an hour and 30 minutes (ala x-men 3). There also looks like there is a plot line that involves sandman being one of the people responsible for killing uncle ben (behind the scenes) which could be ok but reminds me a lot of the joker thing they did with batman. All in all though it looks very very promising. Is it possible for the third movie in a trilogy to be the best so far....we shall see...to my knowledge only LOTR has pulled that one off. Oh wait what about Godfather 3 (yeah nuff said).

Hogs looks surprisingly funny. Hey any movie with Tim Allen and John Travolta recently is a bit scary as they have both been making dogs of late. Then you throw in Martin Lawrence and it has tsunomi type diaster written all over. However, I could be wrong, this looks pretty good from what I have seen. It is an obvious City Slickers (one of my favorite comedies) rip off story wise but it looks pretty funny....we shall see I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home